Bruner, Bruner & Reinhart set its deep roots in west central Iowa from the decision of two 1936 Iowa Law School graduates and close friends who decided to “hang out their shingle”. Robert S. Bruner and Edward S. White opened their law firm in Carroll, Iowa, and practiced or officed together until Ed’s death in 1972. Sons, Barry T. Bruner (1976 Drake) joined the practice in 1976 and David S. Bruner (1984 Drake Law) entered the partnership in 1995 after practicing in Des Moines, Iowa, with the Beving, Swanson & Forest firm and as a partner in the Taylor, Feilmeyer, Dinkla & Bruner law office in Guthrie Center, Iowa. Robert S. Bruner died in 2006, after 70 years of active legal practice. The firm was known as Bruner & Bruner since 1976.
Charles H. Taylor began his legal career in Guthrie Center in 1907 with partner E. R. Sayles. His son C. H. (Buck) Taylor (1933 Drake) opened his law office in October 1933. R. Y. Taylor, returning after World War II, joined his brother in the Taylor & Taylor Law Firm. Robert E. Feilmeyer (1963 Iowa) entered the firm in 1963 and retired in 2008. In 1981 Dwight L. Dinkla (1977 Drake) joined the office, followed in 1989 by David S. Bruner. Dwight Dinkla left to become the Iowa State Bar Association Executive Director in 1998. Carol W. Wendl (1984 Iowa) joined the law firm in 1998 and Eric Reinhart (2005 Drake) entered the practice in 2005.
The two law firms combined in 2008 under the name of Bruner, Bruner & Reinhart LLP. The firm is proud to enter into its second century of service to central Iowa clients from offices in Carroll and Coon Rapids, Bayard and Guthrie Center.